March 5, 2011

New Words

I am sorry I have not posted anything lately.  Believe it or not, but we reached our maximum on picture storage on our computer, shocking I know. :)  Caleb is just too darn cute and well, I like taking pictures.  Between the two, we have A LOT of pictures.  Since Jarred uses the computer for school that we have all of our pictures on, I have been scared to do anything on the computer in fear that it would crash and Jarred would come home from school with me crying and apologizing profusely that I locked up his computer.  And......since Jarred has been super busy with school and me not communicating out loud(key word here: outloud) that I have been patiently waiting for him to find us an external hard drive, I have been sitting on 100 pictures or so to share.  To make this story longer for you to read, we just our hard drive in last week and have been downloading pictures like crazy to make room for me.  I may not be able to get more pictures up on our blog until spring break though since this is crunch time for Jarred with finals and a presentation coming up in the next week.  With all of this being said, it has been requested that I share some news about the Burley family.  Caleb is growing like a weed and learning SO much.  Jarred and I are so amazed at all of his new words and the different ways he has come up to communicate with us.  I could not imagine wanting to say words, but not being able to actually say them, but Caleb is too funny in the way he does let us know.  For instance, when Caleb is hungry, he will go to the fridge and try to open it, then go to his high chair and say "upl (translated to "up please"), then if that doesn't get our attention, back to the fridge.  Makes me smile.  When he really wants some food that we may be cutting or thats on the table, he will put his hands to his mouth, breathe loudly and look like he just can't contain himself much longer until you give him what he is wanting.  I must admit that we are excited for Baby Girl to come, but we are having SO much fun in the meantime hanging out with Caleb.  So without further ado, here is a list of all of Caleb's words:
  • upl (up please)
  • apple
  • nananana(banana)
  • cheese
  • please
  • hi
  • bye
  • house
  • boat
  • duck
  • baaaa(sheep)
  • moooo(cow)
  • HAPPY (our favorite)
  • baby
  • doctor
  • dog
  • boooo(book)
  • millllll(milk)
  • water
  • all done
  • daddy
  • mama
  • enny (Penny)
  • turtle
  • eyes
  • papa
  • nana
  • he nods for thank you(he thought of that on his own)
I think that is it.  I am sitting here just trying to think if there are any other words.  It seems like there are new ones all the time, so its hard to remember.  I think that is all for now.  I will try and put some pictures of up soon.  We have had so much going on the last few months that I cannot wait to share with you all.  Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment