December 2, 2009

Caleb is 8 weeks old!!!



Well, its official, I am going to need to start lifting weights.  Caleb had his 2 month check-up and he is now 13 pounds, 4 ounces and measuring at 24" long!!!  He is in the 90th percentile!  We have a very healthy boy indeed. 

His 2 month check-up was a little hard on me though.  Caleb had his first round of shots.  He took them like a trooper, but it was so hard watching the little guy get shots.  His cry was so distinctive that it hurt bad.  Poor little guy.  So, for most of the day, the little guy just slept and cried when he was ready to eat.  I finally called a friend who has 5 kiddos to see what I could do for Caleb and she said I could give him a small dose of Children's Tylenol.  After that, he snapped out of it.  What a blessing and a relief.

Last night, Jarred and I took Caleb to my work Christmas dinner.  He was a hit!  Everyone was so surprised that he didn't cry.  Why would a happy baby want to cry?  He is such a good baby, growing everyday, coo-ing and smiling more and more!  He is a lot of fun.  Jarred and I could not imagine our lives without him.  He is a true blessing and delight!  We don't want him to grow up too fast, but we can't wait till he can talk a little!

1 comment:

  1. what an adorable expression! I can't wait until he starts laughing.

    Sorry you had such a hard day yesterday :(

    ReplyDelete