August 24, 2010

Goodbye Albuquerque

We have been REALLY busy this month, to say the least.  We packed up our house in Albuquerque, loaded it on our 24 foot truck and said, "Farewell Albuquerque," and a week later, "Hello Dayton."  It was a very big change for us to go from dry desert to humid green-ness.  I am not sure what Dayton calls their land here except humid, hot and bone-chilling cold.  The winter will definitely be an interesting switch for us.  I think we saw snow in Albuquerque a total of 3 times, nothing that really stuck.  Here, we have heard, the snow stays for days.  I already have a snow jacket and bibs for Caleb in anticipation of some snow playing.  Caleb is growing like a weed and is a very fast crawler.  It took him about a week to adjust to the time change even though some days it feels like he is still adjusting.  I am still adjusting.  It always takes me about 2 weeks to fully adjust and although it feels like it has been 2 weeks, it has only been one week and one day that we have been here together in Dayton.  I say, "together," because Jarred and his parents braved the roads and drove the truck which towed one of our cars and drove our other car out to Dayton while letting Caleb and I fly from Denver to Dayton.  The 3 hour plane flight was definitely worth it.  This past week we have been unpacking and decorating our house.  Since we only have 18 months here, we better make use of everything we have before then and enjoy being unpacked before we must pack up again.  It is a vicious cycle but one we will get accustomed to.  This was a hard move for me for sure.  I made such good friends outside of the military that we left behind in Albuquerque with the "see you later" mentality.  I hate "see you laters," because you never know when you will see them again.  Okay, enough with my talking.
The above picture is of our last picture in front of our first home in Albuquerque.  Below you will see the back of our truck, stuffed to the brim.


No comments:

Post a Comment