September 22, 2010

House Pictures

I decided to post some pictures of our new place.  I don't think I will ever have the house in the cleanest state possible to take fabulous pictures, and I am not willing to hide a ton of things just to take pictures, so here you go.  The above picture is from the front door looking into the living room.
This is the other side of the living room, our "kid corner" as we like to call it with the cool cubby bookshelf Jarred built and the toy box that our great Albuquerque neighbors built for us.  I am thinking about putting a padded cushion on the toy box to make it another place to sit.  Then, if you notice my "family" pictures which I am so proud of.  I am LOVING the wall space in this house!
This is the view from the kitchen into the dining area.
This is looking into the giant room.  Notice our "hutch" from IKEA.
The master bedroom.  It is one of the smallest rooms of the house, but it works.  I am most proud of the curtain behind the bed.  There is a window behind there that is only half the size of the area, and I didn't want it to look really off center and out of place, so we found a duvet cover from IKEA and bought the fabulous drapery rod there and there you go!!  Brilliance!  Not going to lie, I am so proud of this, I cannot even begin to explain!
This is the guest bedroom which is SO much larger than ABQ.  There was a great nook in the corner for Jarred's desk and stuff.  Pretty sure this room is larger than the master!
Here is the other half.  I thought the bed looked better than it did, sorry.  But, you can kind of see the black bookshelf which is one half of the set of bookshelves that Jarred made.  He is pretty crafty!!
This is Caleb's room-ginormous!  We put his "big boy" bed in his room or just another "guest" bed.  Because his room is upstairs, we don't spend as much time up there, so there was no reason to have tons of toys or storage for them.
Caleb had to make an appearance somewhere in these pictures so you all would be interested! :)  Just kidding.  I did enlarge it so you could see his cute face and his walking stance!  In case I forgot to mention that Caleb is a walker now!!!  He officially spends more time on his feet than his knees now!  

If you see the cubby bookshelf to the left of Caleb's dresser, another project of Jarred's.  Jarred is pretty incredible!!  Do you see the new stuffed animal holder in the corner too-from IKEA?  Love that store!
Well, I guess that's it!  I didn't take pictures of bathrooms, pantry, laundry room, or the outside.  Didn't know if you all would interested in those.  I may take a picture of the outside for kicks, or the neighbors-haha!  They look identical.  Our house is not what you would call "great curb appeal," but its a roof over our heads and close to where Jarred works.  Oh, and its not a house, its more like a townhouse where we share walls on both sides of us.  Penny hasn't really figured that out yet, so when the neighbors go in and out there front door umteen times a day-Penny growls.  One day, one day Penny will learn or atleast learn to ignore it.  That is all for now!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed seeing where you are! Love your style as usual :) Great job decorating and way to be creative with the duvet cover! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete