November 2, 2010

1st Tornado Scare

Caleb and I had an exciting tornado scare last week!  Of course his first, but my first as well.  The clouds were really dark; it was really windy and there was an emergency alert over the intercom system telling everyone to take shelter.  I was not sure if that meant stay in your homes because you should be inside anyways when its windy and raining, so I assumed it meant "take cover."  So after to talking to my mom to figure out where the best place would be since we do not have a bath tub on the main floor, and I remember as a kid to tuck into a ball on the bathroom floor in elementary school....off to the bathroom we went.  It was lunch time for Caleb, so I just pulled the high chair inside since entertaining a 1 year old in a bathroom for who knows how long could get a little bit challenging.  We were well equipped with the pantry across the bathroom, so I grabbed the goldfish, some cheerios, water and a candle with some matches and a automatic lighter thing, my cell phone and that was about it.  A couple of our friends from across the street also from Colorado and I were texting back and forth while they too were in their bathrooms waiting.  It was a lot of commotion, but nothing right here where we lived happened.  In other areas the tornado actually touched down, but it was quite a little adventure!  

Caleb wasn't feeling too well in the above picture and unhappy with having to hang out in his high chair, just an fyi.

No comments:

Post a Comment