November 2, 2010

Caleb's 1st Attempt with a Spoon

 At Caleb's 1 year check-up we were told to start practicing with a spoon-I thought the doctor was nuts, but here we are practicing.  We decided to try some applesauce since it somewhat stays on the spoon.  Caleb didn't do terrible.  He tried to turn the spoon into his mouth which would spill half of the applesauce on him, but hey, thats what bibs are for I guess!  He did manage to hold the spoon with one hand and grab some applesauce with his other.  I found this cool bowl though that suctions to the tray and has a "scooper" round piece on it that allows for Caleb to try and scoop food without it spilling over the edges.  I know, I know.......you are all saying, "They didn't make those when you were younger!"  I was pretty impressed too!



All that matters is that Caleb has fun while learning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment