October 16, 2011

Birthday Decorations

So, I did a few fun DIY decorations for this year's party!  This above picture is a "pin the 1 on Thomas" game; however, I didn't want the picture for the game.  I wanted a train that kids could get a picture in.  So, I adhered it to a couple foam boards and cut the face of Thomas out!
This is the train I made out of diaper boxes.  Wrapped the boxes, kept a couple open as "cars" or present holders.  A cute red caboose.  And...........a light in front (see below).  It was a switch tea light.

Tissue pom balls made out of tissue paper.  So fun to make actually thanks to a good friend who helped me out with them.
Here is the beautiful cake!  I found a train mold, thanks to the same good friend who helped me craft the tissue balls.  The bigger cupcakes are to represent a stoplight.  The cake was so fun to decorate!  There were pretzel sticks as logs, crushed oreos as coal, m'n'ms as tires, and coconut and dye for the bottom of the tray to add some color!

No comments:

Post a Comment